Thursday, March 24, 2011

I'd Like To Buy A Vowel, Please.

So, what is up with my cell phone's auto correct? I realize this is a relatively new technology, but I figure there has been enough time to at least get into the ball park of what a person was trying to say. The Freudian slips and random words inserted into our daily text messages have altered relationships and even brought on the creation of  DYAC (probably NSFW in many cases), a website dedicated to aforementioned mishaps. Not that there's anything wrong with that website. I personally can't help falling out of my chair from laughter every time I check out the website!

Sometimes these mistypes occur without the handy use of auto correct. I'm not talking a simple typo or five... I'm talking about complete, perfectly-spelled words that just don't make any sense! I didn't get much sleep last night and it appears I'm not alone in that, as several of my comrades have reported a similar lack of shut eye as well. I guess my brain doesn't work well before my beloved coffee (**see yesterday's post**) and on about four hours of sleep. I was typing a Gmail chat to my friend on my laptop and still couldn't manage to find the correct words to accurately convey my thoughts. You are all lucky that I'm typing this after my coffee otherwise my sentences might have random words that don't make sense... Which would be especially unhelpful if you haven't had your morning caffeine yet, either!

At this time I'd like to take the opportunity to give Verizon the 'ol *shaky fisty* for waking me up at 4:30AM to tell me I had a new text that should have been received yesterday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment