Wednesday, March 23, 2011

An Ode To Coffee

Oh coffee, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.... This morning I woke up in a daze and sat on the couch, blindly staring at this morning's Sesame Street episode of choice. I finally mustered up the effort to get myself some coffee and within my first cup I found a sunny day, free of fog! No, seriously, the clouds parted and the sun came out. I think I may have even heard an angel or two singing a chorus, though it did sound suspiciously like a song you'd hear Elmo sing...

How do you take your coffee? I prefer a nice bold roast, with stevia and sugar free flavored creamer. Speaking of which, they really should come up with more flavors than french vanilla, hazlenut and the occasional vanilla caramel.  I've got option envy!

I'm on cup #2 (also my final cup for the day) and all is right with the world, except for my husband still being deployed, of course.



Cheers!

<3

1 comment:

  1. Hm. I can appreciate that. I miss caffeine something fierce, at times. "I prefer a nice, bold roast" has me cracking up, though.

    http://bit.ly/14Oep8 - Malcolm Gladwell on spaghetti sauce. He also talks about making "The perfect coffee". "If I asked each of you what you wanted in a coffee, you'd say a rich, dark roast. Noone wants to SAY they like weak, milky coffee, but half of you do!"

    ReplyDelete